Dude, here is Part 3 of The Bait that Hides the Hook and this is the best one yet! No joke. It’s going to change your life!
The main ideas for the content of these talks on The Bait that Hides the Hook come from the book, Precious Remedies Against Satan’s Devices by Thomas Brooks, a 16th century Puritan Preacher/Writer.
If you’d like to purchase any GRIZ TRIBE merchandise, go to www.teespring.com/stores/griz … all of the proceeds go to our Mission Fund to help House of Hope in Nicaragua which is dedicated to helping women and girls leave the destructive world of sex-trafficking and get into their gospel-centered rehabilitation program. To learn more about House of Hope go to www.houseofhopeinternational.com
If you have any questions, comments, ideas, or prayer requests for Jason, you can email him at Jason@Narrowtrail.com
If you’re interested in having Jason speak at your church, camp, or conference … go to www.narrowtrail.com to learn more.
The music at the end of this podcast is the song Old Town Road by Lil Nas X (featuring Billy Ray Cyrus). Here is the iTunes Link to listen or purchase … https://music.apple.com/us/album/old-town-road-feat-billy-ray-cyrus-remix/1458638377?i=1458638381
If you’re interested in having Jason speak at your Youth or Men’s Event, visit Narrowtrail.com and click on the page “J’s Speaking Info” and then fill out the Online Booking Form. He will prayerfully review your request and promptly contact you to see if he and you are a good fit.
In this episode, Jason (with the help of Ice Cube) help you understand the importance of routinely checking yourself to make sure you are living in alignment with God’s Word. If you don’t routinely do that, you’re going to wreck yourself.
Jason has come up with 51 questions that he personally uses to routinely check himself …
1. Are you beginning your day with God’s Word and prayer?
2. Throughout your day … are you staying focused on the things of God – on things that truly matter – the eternal?
3. Are you daily enjoying your relationship with your Heavenly Father … worshipping Him, thanking Him, and talking to Him about life, decisions I have to make, and others?
4. Is there an area of your life where you’re choosing to disobey God?
5. Are you thinking more highly of yourself than you ought to think? Are you proud? Arrogant? Cocky? Condescending?
6. Are you giving others the impression that you’re better or godlier than you really are? In other words, are you a hypocrite?
7. Are you consistently putting the interests, desires, and needs of others before your own? With your wife, kids, friends, etc.?
8. Can others trust you to keep things confidential?
9. Can others depend on you to be a man of your word … to actually follow through and do the things you say you’re going to do?
10. Are you striving to share the gospel with lost people?
11. Are you helping to make disciples of Christ?
12. Are you going to bed on time and getting up on time?
13. Are you financially living within your means? Or are you spending more than you’re bringing in?
14. Are you consistently giving a portion of your income to God … to help others need?
15. Are you consistently saving a portion of your income?
16. Are you avoiding debt?
17. Are you tracking your income and spending (personal, business, ministry)?
18. Are any of your financial matters illegal or shady?
19. Are you living simple, content, and thankful … enjoying the things you already have?
20. Are you jealous or envious of someone?
21. Are you bitter, critical, or resentful of someone?
22. Are you whining and complaining about something in your life?
23. Are you short-tempered or argumentative?
24. Are you wasting time throughout your week?
25. Are you staying organized (house, yard, work, ministry, finances)?
26. Are you talking more than you’re listening to others?
27. Are you consistently exercising at least three days per week and consistently making healthy choices with food and drink?
28. Once per week are you taking time to rest, relax, and recharge?
29. Are you regularly laughing and having fun?
30. Are you staying positive and optimistic with your mental self-talk, attitude, words, and vibe that you are transmitting to others?
31. Are you learning from your failures, mistakes, sins, and then nailing them to the cross of Christ and letting them go?
32. Are you staying in good and frequent communication with your wife?
33. Are you respecting, helping, encouraging, affirming, appreciating, and selflessly loving your wife (often)?
34. Are you going on dates with your wife at least once per week?
35. Are you regularly talking with and spending time with your kids? … LOVE is best spelled T.I.M.E.
36. Are you frequently guiding and encouraging your kids to live the right way?
37. Are you daily praying for your kids?
38. Are you intentionally avoiding places and things that might tempt you?
39. Are you bouncing your eyes away from alluring people and images?
40. Are you “edging” in any way with any kind of sexual lust (thoughts, images, etc.)?
41. Is your iPhone restricted and locked-up with a password that you don’t know and Covenant Eyes installed on it and on every other internet device?
42. Are you frequently reviewing your personal purity battle plan and motivation?
43. Are you avoiding boredom and intentionally planning and keeping yourself busy with good things?
44. Are you talking or joking about sexually perverse stuff?
45. Are you avoiding being alone with members of the opposite sex?
46. Are you in any way flirting or doing anything with a member of the opposite sex that you wouldn’t do if your wife was around?
47. Are you keeping up with your daily accountability check-in with JRay?
48. Are you attending your weekly accountability and support group?
49. Are you being completely honest during your weekly accountability and support group?
50. Are you maintaining weekly connection/fellowship with other Christian men who push you to grow in your walk with God (meetings, activities, phone calls, etc.)?
51. Have you answered all of these questions honestly?
Please leave us rating and review on iTunes. Thanks dude.
Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, Ben Affleck, Brett Ratner, Jeff Hoover, Al Franken, Roy Moore … and the list keeps growing. It seems like every day another prominent male figure here in America is being exposed for who he really is (behind the scenes) … And it doesn’t matter if they’re Republican or Democrat … Nor does it matter if they’re an outspoken “conservative” or “liberal.” The bottom line is there’s a serious crisis among males here in America!!!
On this episode, Jason and Roy Baldwin talk about the root of the problem … the fallout upon the next generation … and what Christian men need to be doing to become real men (men of character, integrity, and impact)!
Roy Baldwin is the Executive Director of Monadnock Christian Ministries in Jaffrey, NH … and he also served as the Director of Parenting and Youth at Focus on the Family. He and his wife Karen have three children.
In this episode, Jason helps us take a look under the hood to see if we are living out of alignment …
Are you the same man in private that you are in public? …
Is there a secret life that you’re trying to hide from others? …
Has your image/reputation become more important than your character?
Has your ministry become more important than your own personal character development?
If we don’t make our character a much bigger deal than our image/reputation and our “ministries” then we’re eventually going to fall (and fall hard) … and there’s going to be serious pain and consequences … there will be collateral damage that deeply damages many others.
You can try Covenant Eyes for 30 days for free by using the promo code “GRIZZIN”