This is Part 2 of my conversation with Dr. Steven L. Jones. Steven is a husband, father, Pastor at Kingsland Baptist Church in Katy, TX, Professor at Rice University in Houston, TX, and an author. His area of specialty is in ancient languages as well as the Greek and Latin roots of medical language. He has also taught at several universities on the important subject of “rhetoric.”
Here in Part 2 of my conversation with him, we intentionally dig into the controversial subject of abortion and why so many conversations on that subject turn into a complete train wreck.
Specifically, we talk about …
- The importance of not talking past the other person.
- How to redirect conversations without hijacking or steamrolling people with facts.
- How to disagree without being disagreeable.
- How to present truth in relevant ways that won’t turn people off.
- And how knowing the meaning of medical terminology can be extremely helpful in helping people understand the real issue regarding abortion.
This was such an enlightening conversation. I not only learned a ton, but I was deeply encouraged by Steven’s heart for God … his pursuit and proclamation of truth … as well as his genuine concern/love for others (even for those with whom he completely disagrees).
Dr. Steven L. Jones …
To learn more about myself and my ministry, go to www.narrowtrail.com
The GRIZ Podcast is an outreach of Narrowtrail Ministries Inc.
The song at the end is “No Longer Slaves” – live from Harding Prison by Zach Williams.
See and hear the full song at https://youtu.be/bDnA_coA168
Leave a Reply