On this episode, my guest is Dr. Steven L. Jones. He is a husband, father, Pastor at Kingsland Baptist Church in Katy, TX, Professor at Rice University in Houston, TX, and published author.
His area of specialty is in ancient languages as well as the Greek and Latin roots of medical terms. He’s also taught at several universities on the important subject of “rhetoric.”
This is a two-episode conversation. There was just too much good stuff to fit into one episode, so I split it up.
Here in Part 1, we talk about …
- What he likes to do for fun, pleasure, relaxation.
- His favorite rock band.
- Favorite movies.
- Books that had a major impact upon his life.
- Marriage, family, parenting … and lessons learned.
- Life growing up in a Christian military family.
- When he truly made his parent’s faith his own faith … and why.
- His personal call to ministry and various educational pursuits and why he chose to go that direction.
Guys, I promise you … you’re going to want to grab your journal and pen and take some notes from this brother. So many great takeaways. Powerful stuff.
Books he recommended:
- Between Heaven and Hell: A Dialog Somewhere Beyond Death with John F. Kennedy, C. S. Lewis and Aldous Huxley – by Peter Kreeft – https://www.amazon.com/Between-Heaven-Hell-Somewhere-Collection/dp/0830848657/
- The Great Divorce – by C.S. Lewis – https://www.amazon.com/Great-Divorce-C-S-Lewis/dp/0060652950/
- Mere Christianity – by C.S. Lewis – https://www.amazon.com/Mere-Christianity-C-S-Lewis/dp/0060652926
- The Pursuit of God – by A.W. Tozer – https://www.amazon.com/Pursuit-God-Updated-W-Tozer/dp/1622452968/
The GRIZ Podcast is an outreach of Narrowtrail Ministries Inc. – www.narrowtrail.com
To make a donation to our non-profit ministry, go to www.narrowtrail.com/give